- Prepare an oven to heat to 400F. Then, trim any excess fat from the pork shoulder. Next, slice it into large sizes that’ll fit in a Dutch oven.
- Mix the spices and sugar, and rub it all over the pork pieces. You can also do this seasoning the night before you cook.
- Add the oil to a Dutch oven on medium-high heat oven the stove. Then, brown the pork pieces on all sides, taking care, so the spices don’t burn. This process needs to be done in batches because of the meat’s size.
- When the pork pieces are fully seared, return them to the Dutch oven and pour the lager around them. Then, place the lid and cook in the oven for three hours, by which they’ll turn tender.
- Uncover the Dutch oven and keep cooking the pork shoulder pieces for one to two more hours. By then, the meat should be soft and pull-apart easily with a fork.
- Take the Dutch oven down and rest the pork shoulder pieces for five to 10 minutes. Then, shred the meat apart with a fork and use as desired.
You can also watch this video to know more.