When looking for the perfect dish to serve all your family members for a big holiday dinner such as Christmas or Thanksgiving, you can always count on the potatoes au gratin dish. The potatoes au gratin dish gives a very special effect to your regular mashed or baked potatoes. When serving it, you can serve with any dish of your preference, such as vegetables and meat, as it goes with most dishes.
The Omaha steaks potatoes au gratin can be used as a very elegant side dish or a special appetizer. They are very creamy, and they are shredded potatoes mixed with different seasonings and coated with Parmesan cheese which turns golden brown when fully cooked. All you need to do is bake it, serve and enjoy your beautiful dish.
There are various ways to easily cook the Omaha steaks potatoes au gratin, and the most popular way is baking and air frying. As we go further, you will learn how to cook your potatoes au gratin in these ways
Methods for cooking the Omaha steaks potatoes au gratin
Method 1: Baking with oven or microwave
- Start by preheating the oven to 400 F degrees.
- Peel, wash, and slice your potatoes into thin slices. You can use a shredder for more ease.
- In a pan or a large bowl, put the butter, dried onion, seasoning, sour cream, and cream cheese. Mix them thoroughly with the shredded potatoes until they are well incorporated. Make sure you stir them well until the cheeses melt and become very creamy, then add the milk, salt, and black pepper seasoning as you desire. Mix them well until all the ingredients are well incorporated.
You can also choose not to mix the shredded potatoes with the ingredients. Instead, you can put the potatoes in a baking dish or casserole and line them. Then pour the cheesy mixed ingredients to spread over the potatoes, and make sure you pour the ingredients so that it spreads and covers all the potatoes.
- If you choose to mix the shredded potatoes with the ingredients, the next step will be to use an ice cream scoop to dip into the mixed ingredients in a bowl and mold the mixture into a ball shape. Fill a container with Parmesan cheese and roll the ball-shaped potatoes mix until it is well coated. Roll all the balls in the Parmesan cheese and then prepare a cookie sheet and place your coated balls on the sheet. Cover the mix and freeze it in a refrigerator. After some time, when it freezes, you can easily put them in a plastic bag and store them in a freezer.
- After freezing, lay the cookie sheets and put the potatoes balls on them. Put them inside an oven or microwave and bake them for about 15-20 minutes with the heat of 350°F degrees until it turns golden brown.
Method 2: Air frying
- This method for cooking the Omaha Steaks is faster than baking in the oven. The steps to air fry Omaha steaks potatoes au gratin includes:
- Make sure you prevent it from thawing.
- Slice the potatoes into thin pieces. You can slice it using a mandolin.
- Turn on the air fryer and preheat it to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take a large shallow baking dish and grease it. For only the end of the potatoes to slightly overlap, start to layer the potatoes in the shallow baking dish.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper, and garlic powder on each layer of the potatoes to season it. After seasoning, pour the cream on the potatoes and pour a thin layer of cheese on the top of the potatoes. Continue with the process until you have no potatoes left, and then use the remaining spices, cream, and cheese to top it off. Use butter to braise it.
- Pour the seasoned potatoes into the fry pan basket. You can fill the frying basket with the number of potatoes au gratins you want. After putting the potatoes in the air fryer, bake them for about 20 minutes at 350 degrees, or you can cook the potatoes until you are sure that they are cooked through.
- Before you serve it, let it rest for about 5 minutes. The more it cools down, the more the sauce will thicken.
Cooking Time for Omaha Steaks Potatoes Au Gratin
The Omaha steaks potatoes au gratin is an easy dish to cook. It is a very creamy dish, and it has a special effect that allows people to cook them on special occasions or special family holidays such as Christmas or thanksgiving. As easy as the Omaha steaks potatoes au gratin dish, it also requires different steps to follow to achieve the desired creamy sweetness. Before cooking the Omaha steaks potatoes au gratin, you must first prepare the ingredients and prep all the equipment you need to use. Then you can start cooking with whichever method you prefer.
The baking method takes more time than the air frying method, but both are still the best methods for cooking the Omaha steaks potatoes au gratin dish. The various timing guidelines to follow when cooking the Omaha steaks potatoes au gratin dish are provided below:
|Cooking method for the eye of round steak||Cooking time|
|Baking||30 to 40 minutes|
|Air frying||10 minutes|
We have discussed why people love the Theomaha steaks potatoes au gratin dish, the ingredients you need to make the dish, and the various methods. To learn more about making the Omaha steaks potatoes au gratin, you can watch this video for more clarity. To watch this video.