One needs to maintain a meal plan that promotes both sound health and supplements the body daily. It’s why this suggested diet plan can be of tremendous help. It’s the ultimate simple-calorie option you’ll need to eat healthily and promote total wellness.
This meal plan is designed to include foods and ingredients that’ll supply a steady daily dose of 1200 calories. And while this number isn’t a universal indication, it is known to be a great place to start if you plan to lose weight. This plan comprises a rich collection of fibre-rich foods, including vegetables, fruits, whole grains, and lean proteins. And it also offers an exquisite taste, as the plan gives room for the fullness of flavour in each dish.
The meal plan uses lots of rich foods, encouraging you to adopt a healthy diet, and eliminate ingredients that add processed sugars to your system. And its daily calorific count of 1200 is renowned for having helped lots of people drop weight in a matter of two weeks. The plan is also pretty adaptable, as you can adjust it to fit your keto dietary needs. This option is possible by reducing the carb ingredients while increasing the proteins and fats.
You can also use this meal plan for your paleo diet needs. As a rule, most of its ingredients are fresh and natural, and these conditions are renowned for supplementing the highest amount of nutrients. Plus, the recipes are very adjustable, so you can take out any item you’re not comfortable with and replace it with a paleo-friendly substitute.
If you’re more in tune with the Mediterranean diet, then you need not worry. This meal plan is packed with fresh fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, whole grains, and healthy fats. And if you want to embrace this diet nature fully, add a few glasses of red wine at intervals or during meals.
Not only is this diet beneficial for weight loss plans, but also for those with sedentary lifestyles. And it’s also a handy method for managing blood sugar in people with diabetes. Plus, you can also apply the meal plan if you seek to improve cholesterol levels.
- Blueberry Pomegranate smoothie
- Open-Faced Turkey Sandwich
- Cauliflower Fried Rice
- Apple Cobbler Oatmeal
- Cobb Salad in a Jar
- Lemony Spaghetti Squash with Shrimp Scampi
- Breakfast Burrito
- Creamy Broccoli Soup
- Curried Chicken Salad with Green Peas
- Pizza Peppers
- Bacon, Egg and Cheese Sandwich
- Quinoa Chicken Tabouleh
- One-Skillet Lime Cilantro Shrimp
- Asparagus, Swiss Chard and Feta Frittata
- Baked Salmon and Sautéed Spinach
- Three-Ingredient Pancakes
- Open-Faced Tuna Melt
- Shakshuka with Zucchini Noodles
- You can increase the number of vegetables or proteins in each recipe to suit your specific needs.
- This diet plan works best when the ingredients are purely natural. So, if you can, try to avoid foods with added sugars and sweetened foods, like maple syrup, yoghurts, and blueberries. Let meals that thrive on sweetness be lifted by the natural sugars in the recipe.
- Remember to drink lots of water, so you stay filled without adding extra calories. Aim for one to two glasses between meals and as the day progresses. It’s also best to use an eight-ounce glass for this purpose.
- If you’re making recipes with butter, mayonnaise, or oil, consider ingredients void of trans fat. These types tend to increase the calorific count and won’t be helpful if you work with the suggested limit. Plus, trans fat isn’t a healthy element to add to the body.
- Also, consider avoiding ingredients with high amounts of sodium. Such items include processed foods with additives or extra-salty items.
- If you feel it’s too plain, you can add some herbs or slices of fresh fruits to the glasses of water. Or you can swap for sparkling water if it works for you.
- Remember to combine this low-calorie diet with regular workouts if your goal is to lose weight.
- Take note of gluten contents in ingredients like bread and yoghurts if you’re sensitive about it. Check the labels of products that include this item before adding it to your shopping cart.
- You can also consider snacks in-between the suggested meals, especially if you wish to increase your calorific intake. Options for this idea include mixed nuts, cheese, Proscuitto, peanut butter spreads, guacamole, and canned mixed veggies. You can also much on fruits like mangos, oranges, apples or clementines if you prefer them.
|Meat and Fish||Fruits||Grain and Grain Products||Vegetables and Legumes||Milk and Dairy||Others|
|Chicken breasts||Blueberries||Whole-grain bread||Red Onions||Reduced-fat cheese||Dry white wine|
|Turkey||Lemons||Rolled oats||Cauliflower rice||Full-fat Greek yoghurt||Dijon mustard|
|Shrimp||Pomegranate juice||English muffins||Bell peppers||Non-fat Greek yoghurt||Red pepper flakes|
|Salmon fillets||Apples||Whole-wheat flour||Garlic cloves||Cheddar cheese, reduced-fat||Apple cider vinegar|
|Canned light tuna||Limes||Tortilla wraps||Yellow onions||Parmesan cheese||Coconut sugar|
|Canadian bacon||Bananas||Grape tomatoes||Almond milk||Low-Fat Mayo|
|Cherry tomatoes||Mozzarella cheese, part-skim||Mustard|
|Hummus||Light cream cheese||Ketchup|
|Red and green bell peppers||Light sour cream||Sesame oil|
|Baby carrots||Feta cheese||Soy sauce, low-sodium|
|Lettuce||Milk||Red pepper flakes|
|Garbanzo beans||Whipped butter||Hot sauce|
|Mixed baby greens||Ground cinnamon|
|Dill weed, dried||Black pepper|
|Spaghetti squash||Olive oil, extra-virgin|
|Jalapeno peppers||Pizza sauce|
|Chives||Ground cayenne pepper|
|Black beans||Chilli powder|
|Pumpkin puree||Cocoa powder|
|White beans||No-salt tomato paste|
|Red peppers||Vegetable broth, reduced-sodium|
|Fresh basil leaves||Maple syrup|
|Fresh thyme leaves|
The 1200-calorie diet idea is an ideal way to stay in shape while keeping your body alive. And the meal plan comes with lots of perks, including the possibility of adjustment and promotion of a healthy lifestyle. So, don’t hesitate to try out this diet plan if you feel your body will benefit from its numerous offers.